He brings clients a big-picture view that balances innovative thinking with the practical mindset that can only be gained by leading organizations.
He draws on his 25+ years of accomplishment as a chief executive in the public, private and association sectors and experience across all major business functional areas.
Developing and implementing strategy is essential to an organization's long-term success. As an agile leader, he works with business leaders across Canada to develop and strengthen governance, strategy, organizational alignment, and operational excellence. In addition, he works with clients to find and develop exceptional leaders.
After spending his career on the client side of the desk, he understands firsthand the unique challenges of today’s business environment. Globalization is driving both opportunity and upheaval across social, political, environmental and business realms. He cares about the people and understands the bottom line. His balanced approach provides clients with a unique, strategic perspective. He considers it a privilege to develop strategic insights with clients to exceed their goals.
- CEO, Engineers Canada (5 years), the national association of engineering regulators governing Canada's 300,000 engineers
- CEO & Registrar (10 years), Professional Engineers Ontario, regulating the practice of 80,000 engineers and 6,000 firms
Private Sector Service Organizations
- CEO, DTE/Probyn Energy Solutions (2 years), private sector joint venture
- CEO, Universe2U (4 years), a publicly traded telecom, built from a start-up
- CEO, Allenvision Inc., a consultancy providing strategic insights
- CEO, Scarborough Public Utilities (6 years)– a $400 million municipal electric and water utility
- Sr. management roles (12 years), Ontario Hydro, provincial utility
- BASc, Electrical Engineering (U of Ottawa)
- MBA (Rotman School of Business, U of Toronto)
- Professional Engineer
- International Professional Engineer
- Named as Fellow of
- Engineers Canada
- Canadian Academy of Engineering
Boards and Advisory Roles
- Canadian Electrical Association
- CoEngineers, Inc.
- Certified Management Accountants Ontario
- Ontario Energy Network
- Toronto Electric Club
- Universe2U Inc. (and its 5 subsidiaries)
- Yves Laundry Foundation
- Engineering Change Lab
- Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council
- Virelec Limited
- Startups—WholeBuy Inc., ScholarPro, Integrated Engineering Blockchain Consortium
- Deans of Engineering Councils
- Information Communication Technology Council
- Stakeholders Alliance for Competition in Electricity